This was on Dr.Oz yesterday.
Healthy alternative to ice cream for dessert!!!
Have your kids help you… They will love it!
Ooey-Gooey Apple Pie Cones 1/5th of recipe (1 cone): 84 calories, 0.5g fat, 67mg sodium, 19g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 10g sugars, 1g protein
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped Fuji apples
1 tbsp. granulated white sugar
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
5 sugar cones
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
In a small nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water, and stir to dissolve. Add apples, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and stir well.
Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until apples have slightly softened and mixture is thick and gooey, 14 – 16 minutes.
Transfer to a medium bowl, and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
Evenly distribute apple mixture among the cones.
Just before serving, top each cone with 2 tbsp. Reddi-wip. Sprinkle cones with remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Yum!!!
MAKES 5 SERVINGS
Yield: Serves 2
Total Time: 30 min
Fresh kale leaves look very voluminous and full when they are fresh. But when baked, they shrink down considerably. So consider making two bunches of kale if you are serving more than two people. For me, I can eat one whole bunch of kale by myself! And make sure to splurge on that nice sea salt for these. It is completely worth it.
- one bunch of fresh kale,
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash kale. Remove tough inner stems from kale leaves.
- Tear the kale leaves into large pieces. They will shrink, so tear them into pieces that are a little larger than what you’d like to eat.
- Dry kale leaves well with paper towels.
- Place kale leaves in large bowl. Start by tossing in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil at a time, when needed. The kale needs to be lightly coated with oil. Too much will make the kale limp and greasy. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh crushed black pepper.
- Layer kale leaves in a single layer in a baking sheet lined. You can use parchment paper if you like for easier cleaning.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp. About 5 minutes before they are finished, gently toss them on the sheet pan for more even baking. They will burn easy, be aware of how they are baking.
This is something different to make with your kids! They will be surprised at how good they taste! Try it out!