A great kid friendly Easter Brunch idea that will work well for the holiday, or as a make ahead wonderful breakfast (or running out the door dinner!). What works well for picky eaters – is they can have a say in what goes in it. Try with low sodium ham, cooked broccoli bites, or part skim cheddar cheese!
- For a fun and easy morning meal, try these small-scale egg dishes. Baked in individual muffin cups, they ensure that everyone gets the mix-ins they like.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted mix-ins (such as shredded cheese, diced vegetables, and cooked and chopped bacon, ham, or sausage)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350º F and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of mix-ins to each cup, then sprinkle on a bit of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. (If necessary, run a butter knife around the edge of each one to loosen them before removing them from the pan.) Makes 6 mini frittatas.
Read the whole recipe at FamilyFun Magazine