Photo by: Taste of Home Fruit Salsa Recipe
Fruit salsa is a nice change of pace from traditional tomato-based salsa. Kids love the sweet fruit and graham crackers and they can help too!!
This recipe is: Quick
Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Graham crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, apples and kiwi. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, jelly and orange juice; drizzle over fruit and toss gently to coat. Serve with graham crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 26 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Originally published as Fruit Salsa in Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p231